All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Cardiology: Current Practice Guidelines Updated Edition is an essential tool for the busy clinician, offering succinct yet detailed access to the most recent trial and guideline data supporting practice and patient management in cardiology. ESC and ACC/AHA guidelines are continually updated and often overlap in their advice, making it difficult for the cardiologist to obtain a clear picture of the right way to diagse and treat disease according to the latest evidence base. Written by leading authorities in the field, this book, together with its regularly-updated online version, provides a unique solution. The authors have scrutinized all available guidelines and research from both ACC/AHA and ESC on every clinical issue. The result is a rigorous examination of the implications of published guidance, illustrated by more than 600 easy-to-follow tables and 200 full-colour images, which reinforce key points and clarify difficult concepts. 87 comprehensive chapters explore the definition, epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagsis and management of cardiac disease. Two new chapters examine the univentricular heart and veus thrombembolism. Each chapter encompasses the latest published research, followed by discussions of possible presentations and investigations, offering detailed insights for clinicians into best practice for diagsis and treatment. Providing at-a-glance access to the best guidance in cardiology, this book offers a diagsis and management toolkit which practising cardiologist can afford to be without.
- Author BiographyDr Katritsis directs the Department of Cardiology at Athens Euroclinic, Greece, and is a Lecturer on Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He is honorary consultant cardiologist at St Thomas' Hospital, London, a visiting Professor at the City University, London, and part of the Division of Cardiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. He is an active interventional cardiologist and electrophysiologist, and runs multidisciplinary research programmes on a wide range of cardiac disorders. He has published over 300 original articles, and contributed to most European and American textbooks of cardiology. John Camm is Professor of Clinical Cardiology at St George's Hospital Medical School, University of London, and Professor of Cardiology at Imperial College, London. His interests include cardiac arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, stroke prevention, anticoagulation, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, cardiac pacemakers, and risk stratification in post-myocardial infarction, heart failure and cardiomyopathy patients. Professor Camm is President of the charity Arrhythmia Alliance and co-founded another highly successful medical charity, the Atrial Fibrillation Association. He is Editor-in-Chief of Europace and Clinical Cardiology, editorial board member of a further 15 journals, and Editor of The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. Dr. Gersh's wide interests include the natural history and therapy of acute and chronic coronary artery disease, clinical electrophysiology and in particular atrial fibrillation and sudden cardiac death, the cardiomyopathies and the clinical implications of molecular genetics in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, cardiac stem cell therapy and the epidemiology of cardiovascular disease in the developing world. Dr. Gersh is the editor of 13 books and is on the editorial board of 25 journals including Circulation, Journal of the American College of Cardiology (Senior Consulting Editor), Nature Cardiovascular Medicine,and The European Heart Journal (2009 Deputy Editor). He is a member of the Advisory Board of the Reynolds Foundation, a Past Chairman of the Council of Clinical Cardiology of the American Heart Association, an at large member of the World Heart Federation's Scientific and Policy Initiatives Committee (SPIC).
- Author(s)A. John Camm,Bernard J. Gersh,Demosthenes G. Katritsis
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1695 g
- Width197 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition StatementUpdated ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.