All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a master of the subject, this text will be appreciated by students and experts for the way it develops the classical theory of functions of a complex variable in a clear and straightforward manner. In general, the approach taken here emphasises geometrical aspects of the theory in order to avoid some of the topological pitfalls associated with this subject. Thus, Cauchy's integral formula is first proved in a topologically simple case from which the author deduces the basic properties of holomorphic functions. Starting from the basics, students are led on to the study of conformal mappings, Riemann's mapping theorem, analytic functions on a Riemann surface, and ultimately the Riemann-Roch and Abel theorems. Profusely illustrated, and with plenty of examples, and problems (solutions to many of which are included), this book should be a stimulating text for advanced courses in complex analysis.
- Author BiographyKunihiko Kodaira (1915-97) worked in many areas including harmonic integrals, algebraic geometry and the classification of compact complex analytic surfaces. He held faculty positions at many universities including the University of Tokyo, Harvard University, Massachusetts, Stanford University, California, and The Johns Hopkins University, and the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton. He was awarded a Fields medal in 1954 and a Wolf Prize in 1984.
- Author(s)Kunihiko Kodaira
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/08/2007
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 107
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note160 b/w illus. 44 exercises
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.