All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContinuing to Disrupt the Status Quo? Young and New Women Professors of Educational Leadership was conceptualized as a follow-up to Breaking Into the All-Male Club: Female Professors of Educational Administration (Mertz 2009) a book about and by many women who were the first women faculty admitted into departments of educational administration primarily in the 1970's and 1980's. This book offers narratives of those women new to the field of educational leadership and makes comparisons to those stories shared by the veteran women in the field to highlight both similarities and differences.
Continuing to Disrupt the Status Quo? Young and New Women Professors of Educational Leadership is a literary way to preserve and continue the tradition of the sharing/addition of voices to the field of educational leadership that was begun with Breaking Into the All-Male Club. It begs the question If the women from Breaking Into the All-Male Club are firsts pioneers and groundbreakers then who are we the young and new women of the field? If the entrance of women into the field of educational leadership was threatening eugh for the veteran women (and still is for many of the young and new women) then the addition of age and ethnicity as confounding factors has likely created a cacophony of dissonance forty years later! Continuing to Disrupt the Status Quo? represents a decade of stories (2002-2012) from young and new women to the field of educational leadership.
- Author BiographyWhitney Sherman Newcomb Virginia Commonwealth University USA
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Directions in Educational Leadership: Innovations in Scholarship Teaching and Service
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byWhitney Sherman Newcomb
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.