Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions, Third Edition by David Mann (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of a Shingo Research and Professional Publication Award The new edition of this Shingo Prize-winning bestseller provides critical insights and approaches to make any Lean transformation an ongoing success. It shows you how to implement a sustainable, successful transformation by developing a culture that has your stakeholders throughout the organizational chart involved and invested in the outcome. It teaches you how to successfully navigate the politics in cross-functional process improvement projects, and to engage executives in ways that are personally meaningful to them. If you are a leader at any level in an organization undergoing or considering a Lean transformation, this is where you should start and finish ...and start again. Read the Reviews: This book became an instant classic in the literature of professional operations. In this third edition, David Mann updates and expands his teaching with five additional years of valuable experience and expertise derived from his very active, multi-industry consultancy. I have benefitted greatly from his writing and wholeheartedly recommend this book to be top-of-the desk of any serious Lean practitioner or performance transformation leader. - Raymond C. Floyd, two-time Shingo Prize Winner, President and CEO, Plasco Energy Group David Mann builds substantially on his seminal work on the Lean management system. The book is full of new insight and polishes the most important ideas about Lean management. The new chapter on engaging executive leadership alone is worth the price of the book. - Peter Ward, Richard M. Ross Professor and Chair, Department of Management Science, Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University This book has long been my 'go-to' guide on Lean management practices that help create a culture of continuous improvement and excellence. I have recommended the book to countless healthcare leaders who rave about how helpful it is in translating Lean principles into daily management behaviors. The healthcare examples make it even more relevant as a must read for any hospital leader who aims to move beyond Lean tools.. -Mark Graban, author of Lean Hospitals, co-author of Healthcare Kaizen and The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen As more companies outside the manufacturing sector pursue Lean transformations, Creating a Lean Culture is as critical a resource as ever. Breaking down silos and navigating tricky internecine politics remain a momentous challenge, and Mann's case-based insights are an invaluable tool. - Peg Pennington, Executive Director, Center for Operational Excellence, Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University David has once again taken the topics that trip us up and put structure and guidance around them. His new work on executive involvement is worth the price of the book all by itself. Many of us have struggled with this topic and David provides a path to success. - Elizabeth M. King, Vice President Organizational Effectiveness, ESCO Corporation New in the Third Edition: * Contains new chapter on engaging executives in Lean initiatives * Includes 21 new case studies * Presents new examples from the healthcare and process industries * Includes additional gemba worksheets for learning and teaching Lean * Provides expanded coverage of Lean applications in complex cross functional value stream process improvement projects Watch David Mann discuss how the latest edition of Creating a Lean Culture can help you and your organization succeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX7jrtV3cBA&feature=youtu.be
- Author BiographyDavid Mann is the author of Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions. The book was awarded the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence in 2006 and has become a best-seller in its field. It has been translated into Chinese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Thai. In 15 years of Lean experience at Steelcase, Inc., Mann developed and applied the concepts of a Lean management system supporting 40+ Lean manufacturing value stream transformations, and led an internal consulting team that supported over 100 successful Lean enterprise business process value stream conversions. He established a Lean consulting practice in 2005 and retired from Steelcase in 2009. Mann's consulting, teaching, and coaching experience includes Lean transformation in manufacturing, enterprise business processes, and healthcare organizations. His practice includes clients in healthcare, mining and energy, discrete and process manufacturing, technology, food processing, and enterprise business processes. Mann is a frequent consultant trainer and speaker on Lean leadership and management, a Shingo Prize examiner, and a faculty member in management science at the Fisher College of Business, the Ohio State University. Mann is an organizational psychologist, earning his Ph.D. at the University of Michigan in 1976. He lives in West Michigan with his wife, a retired criminal prosecutor. They have two daughters. For more information, visit www.dmannlean.com or contact him at dmann@dmannlean com.
- Author(s)David Mann
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.68New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.68
- AU $20.13Trending at AU $23.64
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.19Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.