About this product
- DescriptionA collection of short detective stories for young adults who are interested in applying high school level mathematics and physics to solving mysteries. The main character is Ravi, a 14-year-old math genius who helps the local police solve cases. Each chapter is a detective story with a mathematical puzzle at its core that Ravi is able to solve. The author invites the reader to solve the case on his or her own and then explains the mathematics used to find the solution to the puzzle. Illustrated by Karl H. Hofmann
- Author BiographyLeith Hathout, an accomplished young mathematician and a mystery enthusiast, is a high school student in California. He began participating in national mathematics competitions at the age of 9, eventually winning several awards at the national level and achieving a perfect score on the California Math League exam. Outside of his studies, he excels at playing SET and is a nationally ranked foil fencer.
- Author(s)Leith Hathout
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures
- Weight248 g
- Width203 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.