All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe book develops a practical approach to public policy issues that have continued to be intractable because of a lack of emphasis on transcultural understanding. Sustained examples help to increase the readability and the accessibility of theory and methodology. The key themes address the issue that: -Management needs to be more systemic. Critical Systemic Praxis is the process whereby we find ways to work across discipline areas and sectoral areas, in order to address complex social, political, ecomic and environmental problems. -The way we define and address problems depends on an ability to work with, rather than within kwledge areas. -By introducing the tion of governance we can extend traditional management from an organisational context to an inter-organisational context and locate governance as the goal for sustainable social and environmental justice. The core aspects of praxis are: -Respectful listening and dialogue to set up appropriate contexts for participatory design. -Participatory designs based on participatory action research to map tacit and explicit kwledge of participants (professional and ordinary citizens). -Strategic decision making across discipline areas, cultural contexts and kwledge areas. -Action learning to transfer the policy and practice learnings. -Mainstreaming the approach to governance in the social, political, ecomic and environmental sectors. The book develops a systemic approach to public policy issues. Examples are used throughout to exemplify theory. The integrated approach to policy and practice is ideally suited to addressing the socio-ecomic and environmental issues.
- Author(s)Janet McIntyre-Mills
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/09/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContemporary Systems Thinking
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight735 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.