All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCRITICAL THINKING: A USER'S MANUAL offers an invative skill-based approach to critical thinking that provides step-by-step tools for examining arguments. Users build a complete skill set by recognizing, analyzing, diagramming, and evaluating arguments. Later chapters encourage application of the basic skills to categorical, truth-functional, analogical and inductive, and causal arguments as well as fallacies. Exercises throughout the book engage readers in active learning, integrate writing as part of the critical thinking process, and emphasize skill transference.
- Author BiographyDr. Debra Jackson has taught at CSU Bakersfield since 2002 and has been tenure-track faculty since 2005. She completed her PhD in Philosophy with a minor in Women's Studies at Purdue University in 2002. Dr. Paul Newberry received his PhD from Claremont Graduate University. He is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Cal State Bakersfield and served on the faculty task force that helped develop the CSUB general education assessment plan and co-directed the first critical thinking assessment.
- Author(s)Debra Jackson,Paul Newberry
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight658 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.