All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThere have been some extraordinary developments in chemistry during the 20th century. Cutting Edge Chemistry explains some of these advances and describes some that are likely to happen in the future. These include the many remarkable discoveries made in the life sciences, and the wide variety of techlogical applications of chemistry - liquid crystals, batteries, catalysts and exciting new electronic materials. This book also deals with the practical aspects of chemistry - for example, methods of making and analysing molecules, ways of calculating their properties and studying how and why chemical reactions occur. Developed from the highly successful Age of the Molecule and illustrated in full colour throughout, Cutting Edge Chemistry has been written by a group of leading young chemists in industry and universities. It is aimed at post-16 chemistry students and shows how the principles of chemistry learned in post-16 courses still apply in the most advanced research. Each chapter includes questions which it is hoped will both test students' understanding of the subject and provoke debate.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content NoteCol.ill.
- Weight980 g
- Width146 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.