All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDARK is a collection of over 50 original, eerie poems and delightfully frightening short stories by James Brakken. Some are morbidly amusing, many utterly nightmarish, and others are simply downright disturbing. Over 50 darkly evocative engravings accentuate the macabre nature of the DARK collection. It is for all readers, contains excessive obscenities r sexual content, and is perfect reading by the fire on stormy nights, around the campfire, or by flashlight under the covers--provided the door is barred and bolted. DARK is neatly sliced into three parts: Dark, Darker, and Darkest. Each leads you to the next as you creep toward the shivery end. DARK is frightening but delightfully so. From the back cover: Lurking beneath the cover of DARK you will encounter a rare collection of James Brakken's spine-tingling poems and delightfully frightening short stories. Your host for this journey through the author's macabre library of horrors is The Thief of Dreams who will allow you to explore more than fifty bizarre, twisted, sometimes humorous, and often downright disturbing writings. Sequestered within DARK, the reader will find such devilish works as: - The Zombie Apocalypse, a 4-part short story of high-tech horror. - In Gloomy Wood and other poems guaranteed to chill to the bone. - Three Dragons, flash fiction designed to draw forth disturbing delight. - Beastly Feastings and lighter poems that will elicit nervous laughter. - Nevermore, an attempt to resolve Edgar Allen Poe's age-old question. - Brief, chilling excerpts from the vel, THE TREASURE OF NAMAKAGON. - OVER 34 more nightmarish tales and creepy poems crafted to test your nerve. For visual relief from the skin-crawling nature of his poems and stories, the author has inserted 53 evocative engravings by master artists from ancient times. DARK will thrill readers of all ages, although it is t recommended for the very young as it could lead to life-long phobias. ENTER WITH CAUTION -- HERE THERE BE DRAGONS!
- Author BiographyJames A. Brakken likes a good scary story now and then. He enjoys writing them, too. Every poem and short story within these pages is original, created in one summer's time, between work on two of the author's Tor Loken/NAMAKAGON series novels. The DARK graphics, however took longer. They are the work of great masters of art-etchings and engravings that date back centuries. Bar the door, secure the windows, close the blinds, and experience DARK, a delightfully frightful journey through the bizarre recesses of fear.
- Author(s)James A Brakken
- PublisherBadger Valley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBadger Valley Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.