All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionDazzling Darkness is a true story about searching for one's authentic self in the company of the Living God. Rachel Mann has died many 'deaths' in the process, t the least of which was a change of sex, as well as coming to terms with chronic illness and disability. Through these experiences she has discovered that darkness is as much a positive place as a negative one, inhabited by the Living God - the Dark God, the Hidden God. This is the God that many of us, because we try to make our lives safe and comfortable, are too afraid to meet. This is the God who is most alive in those things we commonly associate with the Dark - failure, loss and brokenness. The Christian church has legitimated certain ways of talking about God - male, fatherly, monarchical and so on. Many believe these descriptors tell the exhaustive truth about God. In accepting the complexity of her sexuality and identity, Rachel Mann has been able to explore with a greater freedom what God might look like to an 'unconventional creature' like her. This passionate and nuanced book brings together poetry, feminist theology, and philosophy and explores them through one person's hunger for wholeness, self-kwledge and God.
- Author BiographyRachel Mann is an Anglican parish priest and writer. She is Resident Poet at Manchester Cathedral and her work has been widely published in magazines, anthologies and newsprint.
- Author(s)Rachel Mann
- PublisherWild Goose Publications
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWild Goose Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.