All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConspicuously, Islam has become a key concern in most European societies with respect to issues of immigration, integration, identity, values and inland security. As the mere presence of Muslim mirities fails to explain these debates convincingly, new questions need to be asked: How did Islam become a topic? Who takes part in the debates? How do these debates influence both individual as well as collective 'self-images' and 'image of others'? Introducing Switzerland as an under-researched object of study to the academic discourse on Islam in Europe, this volume offers a fresh perspective on the objective by putting recent case studies from diverse national contexts into comparative perspective.
- Author BiographySamuel M. Behloul (PD Dr. phil.) is director of the migratio , the commission of the Swiss Bishops' Conference for Pastoral Care of Migrants and Itinerant People. Susanne Leuenberger (lic. phil.) lives in Berne. Andreas Tunger-Zanetti (Dr. phil.) is Coordinator of the Center for Research on Religion at the University of Lucerne.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication06/10/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note5 b/w illus
- Weight584 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAndreas Tunger-Zanetti,Samuel M. Behloul,Susanne Leuenberger
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.