All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeleuze and Guattari's Philosophy of History constructs, problematizes and defends a Deleuzian philosophy of history. Drawing on Deleuze's philosophy of time, it identifies key ideas and suggestions related to the philosophy of history from Deleuze and Guattari's major writings - including the seminal contemporary texts Anti-Oedipus, A Thousand Plateaux, Difference and Repetiton and The Logic of Sense. The book covers the following themes: the role of dates in historical chrology; historical causality; historical origins; the character of historical events; and the diagsis of such actual historical events as the rise of capitalism in Europe. This text is a groundbreaking, valuable and original contribution to the scholarship on Deleuze and Guattari, and contemporary Continental philosophy as a whole.
- Author BiographyJay Lampert is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
- Author(s)Jay Lampert
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight275 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.