All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book should be on the shelf of every practising statistician who designs experiments. Good design considers units and treatments first, and then allocates treatments to units. It does t choose from a menu of named designs. This approach requires a tation for units that does t depend on the treatments applied. Most structure on the set of observational units, or on the set of treatments, can be defined by factors. This book develops a coherent framework for thinking about factors and their relationships, including the use of Hasse diagrams. These are used to elucidate structure, calculate degrees of freedom and allocate treatment subspaces to appropriate strata. Based on a one-term course the author has taught since 1989, the book is ideal for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate courses. Examples, exercises and discussion questions are drawn from a wide range of real applications: from drug development, to agriculture, to manufacturing.
- Author BiographyR. A. Bailey has been Professor of Statistics at Queen Mary, University of London since 1994. She is a fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and a past president of the International Biometric Society, British Region. This book reflects her extensive experience teaching design of experiments and advising on its application. Her book Association Schemes was published by Cambridge University Press in 2004.
- Author(s)R. A. Bailey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/04/2008
- Series TitleCambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 25
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note175 b/w illus. 110 tables 140 exercises
- Weight600 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.