All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book represents a study of Evelyn Underhill's premier work on mysticism, using Hegel's dialectics and Kant's theory of the sublime as interpretive tools. It especially focuses on two prominent features of Underhill's text: the description of the mystical life as one permeated by an intense love between the mystic and infinite reality, and the detailed delineation of stages of mystical development. Given these two features, the text lends itself to a construction of a valuable discourse predicated on dialecticism, sublimity, and mysticism. The book also articulates a number of insights into the content and nature of the writings of Christian mystics.
- Author BiographyPeter Gan is an academic in the Philosophy and Civilization Section of the School of Humanities at Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang. In the midst of spending years juggling work and studies he managed to complete a Bachelor of Theology, a Bachelor of Arts (honours), a Master of Social Science and a Doctoral Degree. Peter's research, publication, and teaching revolve around the discipline of philosophy. To the best of his recollection, his interest in mysticism was first piqued when he just completed high school. For more than a decade now, Peter has been devoting a considerable degree of his energies to the study and investigation of mysticism using the categories and methods contained in the field of philosophy of religion.
- Author(s)Peter Gan Chong Beng
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Notebiography
- Weight549 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.