All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDurham City Through Time is a unique insight into the illustrious history of this part of the country. Reproduced in full colour, this is an exciting examination of Durham City, the famous streets and the famous faces, and what they meant to the people of this area throughout the 19th and into the 20th Century. Looking beyond the exquisite exterior of these well-kept photos, readers can see the historical context in which they are set and through the author's factual captions for every picture, and carefully-selected choice of images, the reader can achieve a reliable view of this city's history. Readers are invited to follow a timeline of events and watch the changing faces of Durham City, as Michael Richardson guides us through the streets of this city. There is something for everyone here, whether they have lived in this area all their lives or whether they are just visiting the area. It also shows how photography has continually evolved to keep up with an ever-changing society.
- Author BiographyMichael Richardson is the archivist of the Gilesgate Archive. He has lived in Durham all his life and is the author of over 20 publications on Durham.
- Author(s)Michael Richardson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.