All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a wealth of colour photographs taken specially for this volume, this book clarifies the nature and variety of chairs and seating in Britain from 1500 to 1700. Unusually, all the illustrations are accompanied by the dimensions of the pieces, and attention is drawn to restorations or missing parts or replacements, as well as to rare, fine or particularly interesting features. The author, Tobias Jellinek, handled and examined every piece illustrated. Fine Seating in Britain will help the new or wary enthusiast get to grips with some of the difficulties in authenticating old furniture, and by example and explanation will demonstrate what serious buyers should be looking for. It also displays the superb quality and fascinating range of the finest furniture of this period.
- Author BiographyTobias Jellinek opened his first shop in 1966, specialising in early oak furniture. He has been a private consultant and dealer for several serious collectors and enthusiasts, and was the oak consultant for Sotheby's Auction House.
- Author(s)Tobias Jellinek
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note500 col
- Weight2155 g
- Width250 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.