All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Pulitzer Prize-winner: the second installment, following Some Luck, of her widely acclaimed, best-selling American trilogy, which brings the journey of a remarkable family with roots in the Iowa heartland into mid-century America Early Warning opens in 1953 with the Langdon family at a crossroads. Their stalwart patriarch, Walter, who with his wife, Rosanna, sustained their farm for three decades, has suddenly died, leaving their five children, w adults, looking to the future. Only one will remain in Iowa to work the land, while the others scatter to Washington, D.C., California, and everywhere in between. As the country moves out of post World War II optimism through the darker landscape of the Cold War and the social and sexual revolutions of the 1960s and 70s, and then into the unprecedented wealth for some of the early 1980s, the Langdon children each follow a different path in a rapidly changing world. And they w have children of their own: twin boys who are best friends and vicious rivals; a girl whose rebellious spirit takes her to the torious Peoples Temple in San Francisco; and a golden boy who drops out of college to fight in Vietnam leaving behind a secret legacy that will send shock waves through the Langdon family into the next generation. Capturing a transformative period through richly drawn characters we come to kw and care deeply for, Early Warning continues Smiley s extraordinary epic trilogy, a gorgeously told saga that began with Some Luck and will span a century in America. But it also stands entirely on its own as an engrossing story of the challenges and rewards of family and home, even in the most turbulent of times, all while showcasing a beloved writer at the height of her considerable powers. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJANE SMILEY is the author of numerous novels, including A Thousand Acres, which was awarded the Pulitzer Prize, and most recently, Some Luck, the first volume of The Last Hundred Years trilogy, long-listed for the National Book Award. She is also the author of five works of nonfiction and a series of books for young adults. A member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, she has also received the PEN USA Lifetime Achievement Award for Literature. She lives in Northern California. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jane Smiley
- PublisherRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleLast Hundred Years Trilogy: A Family Saga
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Weight408 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Read byLorelei King
- Contained items statement15 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1080
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.