All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcological Models and Data in R is the first truly practical introduction to modern statistical methods for ecology. In step-by-step detail, the book teaches ecology graduate students and researchers everything they need to kw in order to use maximum likelihood, information-theoretic, and Bayesian techniques to analyze their own data using the programming language R. Drawing on extensive experience teaching these techniques to graduate students in ecology, Benjamin Bolker shows how to choose among and construct statistical models for data, estimate their parameters and confidence limits, and interpret the results. The book also covers statistical frameworks, the philosophy of statistical modeling, and critical mathematical functions and probability distributions. It requires programming background--only basic calculus and statistics. * Practical, beginner-friendly introduction to modern statistical techniques for ecology using the programming language R * Step-by-step instructions for fitting models to messy, real-world data * Balanced view of different statistical approaches * Wide coverage of techniques--from simple (distribution fitting) to complex (state-space modeling) * Techniques for data manipulation and graphical display * Companion Web site with data and R code for all examples
- Author BiographyBenjamin M. Bolker is a theoretical ecologist in the departments of Mathematics & Statistics and Biology at McMaster University.
- Author(s)Benjamin M. Bolker
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note99 line illus.
- Weight999 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.