All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConvention suggests it is best t to talk about faith and politics: this book talks about both! It argues that Jesus was a political figure who championed the rights of the marginalised, the oppressed and voiceless. In this challenging and accessible book, Nigel Pimlott argues young people are often marginalised, oppressed and rarely heard in a world favouring the rich and powerful. Young people are opinionated, passionate about what they think is right and wrong, and are concerned about the world they live in. Yet research indicates young people are disengaged from mainstream political processes where they can express their views - young adults have stopped voting in elections in unprecedented numbers. This is something of a paradox. Nigel contends that by more effectively equipping Christian youth workers and ministers to do politicking, they will be able to better equip and disciple young people to be more politically engaged in their own contexts. This unique research-based book provides a concise overview of how youth workers might best help young people flourish and realise the common good. It engages those interested in politics - and more importantly - encourages those t interested to get interested and make a difference in the world!
- Author BiographyDr Nigel Pimlott is passionate about work with young people. He has worked for Frontier Youth Trust for many years and offers a wealth of experience and insight about faith, mission and the world we live in. He is author of a number of books and youth work resources, as well as a life-long supporter of Manchester City.
- Author(s)Nigel Pimlott
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.