All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.74
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.52
About this product
- DescriptionThe EMP series realistically depicts survival in the aftermath of an EMP attack and nuclear war that spreads over much of the world. In Book 1, survivors of an atmospheric EMP attack followed by a nuclear attack take refuge inside the Yucca Mountain underground complex in Nevada. This mismatch of personalities struggle to survive the resulting nuclear winter while living confined inside a mountain under siege by lethal radiation levels and other survivors fighting for water and food. Book One takes the reader through the attack and realistically addresses logistics, security, survivor selection, social, cultural, education, and other issues required to prepare a society capable of rebuilding a nation devoid of the techlogy they once depended on. Warning - you will find in this book that the aftermath of an EMP attack is t pretty. In Book 2, the survivors come out of the Yucca Mountain underground complex to find themselves under the surveillance of Islamic activists who survived in Central America. Devastated by the nuclear winter, the Brotherhood relocates to the farmlands in Arizona and takes control of the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River for the generated electricity needed by the Islamic calibrate. The jet stream returns the fallout of the nuclear winter back to the region. The survivors in the mountain repel attacks by the Brotherhood and enter the next phase of nuclear winter prepared to battle the Islamic Brotherhood and drive them from the region.
- Author BiographyTD Barnes, author and entrepreneur, grew up on a ranch at Dalhart, Texas, and graduated from Mountain View High School, Oklahoma. He then embarked on a ten-year military career. He served as an army intelligence officer in Korea. Following 2 1/2 years of radar and missile electronics schooling, he taught foreign students the Nike radar and missile system, and deployed with a Hawk missile battalion during the Soviet Iron Curtain threat. He attended Artillery OCS, where an injury ended his military career. Barnes' career included serving as a field engineer at the NASA High Range in Nevada for the X-15, XB-70, lifting bodies, and lunar landing vehicles. He participated in the NASA NERVA project at Jackass Flats, Nevada; and served in Special Projects at Area 51. Barnes later formed a family oil and gas exploration company, drilling and producing oil and gas and mining uranium and gold. Barnes is currently the CEO of Startel, Inc., a landowner, and actively mining landscape rock and gold in Nevada. He is also the president of Roadrunners Internationale, an association of Area 51 veterans. Formerly, he was the first executive director of the Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame. Two National Geographic Channel documentaries: Area 51 Declassified and CIA - Secrets of Area 51 have featured Barnes. Numerous documentaries produced by the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, the Travel Channel, and others also feature Barnes. The Annie Jacobsen book, Area 51 Declassified, also features his career. Barnes is the author of two nonfiction books, MiGs Over Nevada, and Odyssey To Area 51, a 3 novel series about EMP and nuclear war, and a 3-novel series about Islamic Jihad in America. Barnes lives in Henderson, Nevada.
- Author(s)MR Td Barnes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.