All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Stan Davis presents school staff with kwledge and skills for empowering student bystanders of bullying and changing schoolwide attitudes toward bullying. He provides a wide range of realistic, safe, and effective options that bystanders can use during or after bullying situations. The approach is both research-based and practical. It provides specific techniques for teaching empathy and social problem solving skills, limiting the rewards of bullying behavior, and building a partnership between students and staff to create a positive and inclusive peer culture. The accompanying DVD features a 50-minute audiovisual presentation. In it, author Stan Davis provides an extensive discussion, accompanied by a slide presentation, to help illustrate and expand on important ideas covered in the book. During the presentation, he provides a detailed overview of the program, cites bullying research, offers suggestions and implementation guidelines, and includes numerous personal observations. The DVD can be used for individual learning, book study groups, or staff in-service training.
- Author BiographyStan Davis has worked as a child and family therapist in residential treatment, community mental health, and private practice. During his years as a therapist, he was active in building positive community support for targets of child abuse, rape, and domestic abuse. Stan became a school guidance counselor in the mid-1980s and began to focus on bullying prevention in the late 1990s. Stan trains educators, parents, and students nationwide in effective bullying prevention. He is a certified Olweus bullying prevention consultant and a founding member of the International Bullying Prevention Association. Julia Davis , Stan Davis's daughter and coauthor, has lent clarity to Stan's writing about bullying prevention since 2003. She brings to the table her own experiences working with young people of all ages and from diverse backgrounds. She began working with young people in 1999 and has since led high school trail crews for the Student Conservation Association, developed and taught experiential natural history lessons, taught English in an underprivileged elementary school in Costa Rica, and led outdoor expeditions for Summit Achievement, a wilderness-based therapeutic treatment center for teens.
- Author(s)Julia Davis,Stan Davis
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.