All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe worst chemical disaster ever could be happening right w. In India and Bangladesh between forty and eighty million people are at risk of consuming too much arsenic from well water that might have already caused one hundred thousand cancer cases and thousands of deaths. Many millions elsewhere in South-East Asia and South America may soon suffer a similar fate. Vemous Earth is the story of this tragedy: the geology, the biology, the politics and the history. It starts in Ancient Greece, touches down in today's North America and takes in William Morris, alchemy, farming, medicine, mining and a cosmetic that killed two popes.
- Author BiographyMark Rowlands is Lecturer in Philosophy at University College, Cork, Ireland.
- Author(s)Mark Rowlands
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/06/2000
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight331 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJo Campling
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.