All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides events management students with an accessible and essential introduction to project management. Written by both academics and industry experts, Events Project Management offers a unique blend of theory and practice to encourage and contextualise project management requirements within events settings. Key questions include: What is project management? How does it connect to events management? What is effective project management within the events sector? How does academic theory connect to practice? The book is coherently structured into 12 chapters covering crucial event management topics such as stakeholders, supply chain management, project management tools and techniques, and financial and legal issues. Guides, templates, case study examples, industry tips and activity tasks are integrated in the text and online to show practice and aid kwledge. Written in an engaging style, this text offers the reader a thorough understanding of how to successfully project manage an event from the creative idea to the concrete product. It is essential reading for all events management students.
- Author BiographyHanya Pielichaty is a Senior Lecturer at Lincoln International Business School, University of Lincoln and coordinates the BSc (hons) Events Management programme. Before joining the University of Lincoln Hanya worked as a practitioner for the Youth Sport Trust and Lincolnshire Sport in connectivity to sports events and developing community provision. Georgiana Els (Dr) is a Lecturer in Tourism and Events Management at Lincoln International Business School, University of Lincoln. Prior to joining the University of Lincoln, she taught in European universities and accumulated work experience within international tourism and events companies. Georgiana has more than nine years' experience in events, mainly in the business/trade and educational events segment. Ian Reed is the Emergency Planning & Business Continuity Manager for Lincolnshire County Council. He specialises in event planning and event safety management and has a wide range of event planning experience. He has chaired many event SAGs and has also facilitated both exercises and structured debriefs for event organisers. He regularly presents on Lincolnshire's multi-agency approach to event safety at a strategic level, and at a variety of forums around the country. He also guest lectures at the University of Lincoln as part of its Events Management degree course. Vanessa Mawer works as a course trainer in event safety and with event organisers in managing safety at their events. Prior to this, as a police officer, she was responsible for putting together the policing of many planned and spontaneous events. In this role she was also one of the founders of Lincolnshire Event Safety Partnership, a multi-agency group who work with event organisers to ensure safe and successful events.
- Author(s)Georgiana Els,Hanya Pielichaty,Ian Reed,Vanessa Mawer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 23 black & white halftones, 25 black & white line drawings
- Weight567 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.