All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExercise Psychology addresses the psychological and biological consequences of exercise and physical activity, and their subsequent effects on mood and mental health. In contrast to other exercise psychology textbooks it presents a psychobiolocal approach that examines the inner workings of the body and their effects on behaviour. From this unique perspective, readers will learn the biological foundations of exercise psychology within the broader contexts of cognitive, social and environmental influences. By exploring the biological mechanisms associated with individuals' behaviour, Exercise Psychology challenges students and researchers to critically examine less-explored methods for positive behaviour change. Understanding the psychological antecedents and consequences of physical activity.
- Author BiographyJanet Buckworth is an associate professor of exercise science at Ohio State University where she teaches upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses. Rod K. Dishman is a professor of exercise science and adjunct professor of psychology at the University of Georgia. Patrick J. O'Connor is a professor of exercise science at the University of Georgia. He has presented original research at 80 conferences, written numerous journal articles and contributed to several books.
- Author(s)Janet Buckworth,Patrick J. O'Connor,Phillip D. Tomporowski,Rod K. Dishman
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note185 black & white illustrations, 37 black & white halftones
- Weight1633 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.