All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ever-popular and appealing Farley makes his second appearance in a childrena s storybook. The first, Farley Follows His Nose (Harper Collins, 2009), has sold more than 3,000 copies in the U.S. and more than 5,000 in Canada, where it has won several awards, including being named one of the yeara s 10 best by the Canadian Childrena s Book Center. Inside Farley and the Lost Bone, award-winning cartoonist Lynn Johnston of For Better or For Worse fame and co-author Beth Cruickshank follow Farley as he welcomes the warmth of spring and tries to remember where he buried his most prized possession last fall. As a follow-up to the duo's first book, Farley Follows His Nose (Harper Collins, 2009), this children's tale features fan favorite sheepdog Farley as he digs in Elly's flowerbed, under Michael's model railway set, and inside Lizzie's sandbox until he remembers the special spot where he buried his tasty bone. Pairing Johnston's signature art with Cruickshank's gentle prose, Farley and the Lost Bone imparts a tale of self-reliance, diligence, and determination perfect for young readers.
- Author BiographyLynn Johnston was born in Collingwood, Ontario, and grew up in British Columbia. Today, she lives in Corbeil, Ontario. Johnston is the first woman to receive a Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year from the National Cartoonists Society in 1986. She has also received the Order of Canada and claims a star on Canada's Walk of Fame. Beth Cruikshank grew up in the northern mining town of Lynn Lake, Manitoba. She is probably most recognizable to For Better of For Worse readers as the inspiration for the affable aunt to the Patterson kids. A frequent collaborator with Johnston, Cruickshank has worked on projects including The Lives Behind the Lines, Suddenly Silver, and Farley Follows His Nose.
- Author(s)Beth Cruikshank,Lynn Johnston
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width264 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.