Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique volume critically discusses the works of fifty of the most influential scholars involved in the study of the Holocaust and gecide. Studying each scholar's background and influences, the authors examine the ways in which their major works have been received by critics and supporters, and analyse each thinker's contributions to the field. Key figures discussed range from historians and philosophers, to theologians, anthropologists, art historians and sociologists, including: * Hannah Arendt * Christopher Browning * Primo Levi * Raphael Lemkin * Jacques Semelin * Saul Friedlander * Samantha Power * Hans Mommsen * Emil Fackenheim * Helen Fein * Adam Jones * Ben Kiernan. A thoughtful collection of groundbreaking thinkers, this book is an ideal resource for academics, students, and all those interested in both the emerging and rapidly evolving field of Gecide Studies and the established field of Holocaust Studies.
- Author BiographyPaul R. Bartrop is an honorary fellow in the Faculty of Arts at Deakin University, Australia, and head of the Department of History at Bialik College in Melbourne. His publications for Routledge include The Genocide Studies Reader with Samuel Totten (2009). Steven L. Jacobs is Associate Professor and Aaron Aronov Chair of Judaic Studies in the Department of Religious Studies at The University of Alabama, USA. His most recent book is Confronting Genocide: Judaism, Christianity, Islam (2009).
- Author(s)Paul R. Bartrop,Steven L. Jacobs
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2010
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleRoutledge Key Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight444 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.