Finding Out: An Introduction to LGBT Studies by Deborah T. Meem, Michelle A. Gibson, Jonathan Alexander (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $110.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $123.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy combining accessible introductory and explanatory material with primary texts and artifacts, this text/reader explores the development and growth of LGBT identities and the interdisciplinary nature of sexuality studies. Authors Meem, Gibson, and Alexander clearly situate debates and readings within clear contexts (History, Literature and the Arts, Media and Politics), providing students with a coherent framework and comprehensive introduction to LGBT studies. While this emerging field is complex, multifaceted, and interdisciplinary (and therefore often inaccessible to students), Finding Out - through its instructional apparatus, primary texts, and organization - provides the ideal introduction for today's students.
- Author BiographyMichelle A. Gibson is Professor Emerita of the Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Cincinnati. Her scholarship focuses on Sexuality Studies and pedagogy. Her most recent writing applies queer and postmodern identity theories to pedagogical practice and popular culture. In retirement, she writes and publishes poetry and maintains a blog called ProfSpazz at http://profspazz.com. With Jonathan Alexander, she edited QP: Queer Poetry, an online poetry journal, and she and Alexander also edited a strain of JAC: Journal of Advanced Composition titled Queer Composition(s). With Deborah Meem, she coedited Femme/Butch: New Considerations of the Way We Want to Go (2002) and Lesbian Academic Couples (2005). Jonathan Alexander is Chancellor's Professor of English and Gender & Sexuality Studies at the University of California, Irvine. He is author, co-author, or editor of twelve books, including Sexual Rhetorics: Methods, Identities, Publics (co-edited with Jacqueline Rhodes, Routledge, 2015), Techne: Queer Meditations on Writing the Self (co-authored with Jacqueline Rhodes, Computers and Composition Digital Press, September 2015), Bisexuality and Queer Theory: Intersections, Connections and Challenges (co-edited with Serena Anderlini D'Onofrio, Routledge, 2012), Literacy, Sexuality, Pedagogy: Theory and Practice (Utah State, 2008), and Bisexuality and Transgenderism: InterSEXions of the Others (co-edited with Karen Yescavage, Routledge, 2004). Deborah T. Meem is Professor of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Cincinnati. Her academic specialties are Victorian literature, LGBTQ Studies, and the 19th-century woman's novel. She earned a PhD from Stony Brook University in 1985. Her work has appeared in Journal of the History of Sexuality, Feminist Teacher, Studies in Popular Culture, and elsewhere. She has edited four works by Victorian novelist and journalist Eliza Lynn Linton: The Rebel of the Family (Broadview, 2002), Realities (Valancourt, 2010), The Autobiography of Christopher Kirkland (Victorian Secrets, 2011) and Sowing the Wind (Victorian Secrets, 2015). With Michelle Gibson, she coedited Femme/Butch: New Considerations of the Way We Want to Go (2002) and Lesbian Academic Couples (2005), both published by Routledge Press. With Jonathan Alexander, she wrote Dorian Gray, Tom Ripley, and the Queer Closet (CLCWeb, 2003).
- Author(s)Deborah T. Meem,Jonathan Alexander,Michelle A. Gibson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.