All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJake Byrne dreamed of playing professional football. He had the size, the talent, the drive...but at age 14, he found out he also had type 1 diabetes. Still, Jake was determined to reach his goal. And God was determined to guide and empower him all along the way. Jake's journey to the NFL is the backdrop for this collection of inspiring devotions based on nearly a hundred football terms. Jake takes you to the weight room, practice field, and even across the goal line. You'll feel as if you're lined up next to him, facing a very large defender you're about to take down. He also includes Scripture and then ties up each story in a way that feels real and encouraging. You'll discover...what to do when God calls an audible in your life; how to respond when God puts you on special teams; and why prayer is never an incomplete pass. These quick daily readings will help you press through your own difficulties and experience God's dream for you.
- Author BiographyJake Byrne has battled with type 1 diabetes since a young teen and has since been proactive combating the disease and mentoring diabetic youth. He played football for the University of Wisconsin as a tight end and went on to compete in the NFL. Originally with the New Orleans Saints in 2012, Jake has also been a Houston Texan, Kansas City Chief, and San Diego Charger.
- Author(s)Jake Byrne
- PublisherHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationEugene, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.