All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $10.85Free postage
- AU $15.02Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Dictatorship to Democracy was a pamphlet, printed and distributed by Dr Gene Sharp and based on his study, over a period of forty years, on n-violent methods of demonstration. Now in its fourth edition, it was originally handed out by the Albert Einstein Institution, and although never actively promoted, to date it has been translated into thirty-one languages. This astonishing book travelled as a photocopied pamphlet from Burma to Indonesia, Serbia and most recently Egypt, Tunisia and Syria, with dissent in China also reported. Surreptitiously handed out amongst youth uprisings the world over - how the 'how-to' guide came about and its role in the recent Arab uprisings is an extraordinary tale. Once read you'll find yourself urging others to read it and indeed want to gift it.
- Author BiographyGene Sharp holds degrees from universities across the world. He is Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth. He was previously at Harvard University's Center for International Affairs. For his lifelong commitment to the defence of freedom, democracy, and the reduction of political violence he was awarded the Courage of Conscience award in 2008. He is a Nobel Peace Prize nominee.
- Author(s)Gene Sharp
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSerpent's Tail
- Weight140 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.