Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Hidaka' is a modern classic in Japanese literature. Based on a real-life tragedy in 1965, Wahei Tatematsu tells the story of a party of climbers on the Hidaka mountain range on Japan's rthern island.
- Author BiographyWahei Tatematsu (1947-2010) won a major literary prize while still a student and was one of Japan's most renowned writers, Hidaka being by far his most famous work. He was also known for environmental work. Philip Gabriel is one of the major translators into English of the works of Haruki Murakami. His translations have appeared in Harper's, the New Yorker, and other publications. He has received the Sasakawa Prize for Japanese Literature, the Japan-U.S. Friendship Commission Prize for Translation of Japanese Literature, and the PEN/Book-of-the-Month Club Translation Prize. He is a professor and department head at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.
- Author(s)Wahei Tatematsu
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Weight600 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.