Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe collection of traditional patterns and wrapping and folding styles passing through the ages. Furoshiki is a traditional Japanese wrapping cloth, which is frequently used to carry cloths, gifts, and other goods and has been a part of Japanese daily lives through the ages. This book features about 160 pieces of furoshiki from the collection of long-established manufacturers in Kyoto such as Miyai, Okaju, and Chiso. It also introduces various traditional motifs and patterns that often represent a season or celebratory occasion.
- Author BiographyAs a graphic designer, Kazuya Takaoka has received many outstanding awards, including the gold medal at the Japan Graphic Design Exhibition and the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for Best Cookbook Design. Among his works are Noh: Classical Japanese Performing Art (PIE Books) and Hokusai Manga (PIE International). Kanako Hamasaki is a founder of Ren which is an organization that produces exhibitions, events, and art projects. Hiroshi Yoda studied photography at the Guildford School of Art, the London College of Communication, and David Montgomery s studio. His photography has appeared in such publications as British Vogue, Harper s Bazaar, Queen, Flair, and the Observer.
- Author(s)PIE Books
- PublisherPIE Books
- Date of Publication10/01/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintPIE Books
- Out-of-print date21/01/2016
- Content Note240 Colour
- Weight744 g
- Width264 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.