All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an ambitious survey of the history and state of the world ecomy, covering the major upheavals of the capitalist system over the last 100 years. Bill Dunn provides an original and enlightening explanation of the state of the world ecomy. He covers all the main aspects of global political ecomy explaining the theories behind production, trade, finance and relations between rich and poor countries. He also tackles the question of the origin of capitalism, a debate that always proves popular among students and academics. Dunn also includes a critique of alternative perspectives, showing that Marxism still provides the best analytical tools for understanding the global ecomy. This comprehensive text is a must for students of politics and ecomics who are keen to understand how the ecomy reached its current stage and what the future is likely to bring.
- Author BiographyBill Dunn teaches International Studies in the department of Political Economy at the University of Sydney. He is author of Global Restructuring and the Power of Labour (Palgrave, 2004), and co-editor, with Hugo Radice, of 100 Years of Permanent Revolution (Pluto, 2006).
- Author(s)Bill Dunn
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Note21 figures
- Weight476 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.