All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'There's probably God ...but I wish there was. I've got some things I need to ask him.' Based on Marcus Brigstocke's award-winning Edinburgh and West End show, God Collar focuses on the 'God-shaped hole' that opens up in Marcus' life following the death of his best friend. Exploring his own issues surrounding faith - his lack of it, his need for it, some people's waste of it and what good purposes it might serve if he could get hold of it - he rails against the holy trinity of Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christianity and Judaism) while atheists, agstics and believers of all faiths get it in the neck too. God Collar is a scathing look at modern faith that will leave you laughing out loud and examining your own beliefs in equal measure. 'As luck would have it, my relationship with God is as dysfunctional and peppered with resentment and recrimination as ever, so this should make for good writing.'
- Author BiographySince winning the BBC New Comedian of 1996, Marcus Brigstocke has emerged as a major talent in comedy, writing and acting. Most recently, he has shelved his stand-up microphone to play both King Arthur in Spamalot and Mr Perks in the award-winning production of The Railway Children at Waterloo station.
- Author(s)Marcus Brigstocke
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Content Note1 x 8pp picture section
- Weight234 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.