All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deftly answers complex questions: Why is there such intense antagonism to the teaching of evolution in the United States? What have the courts said about the various attempts to oppose it? Sprinkled with interesting tidbits about Charles Darwin and the major players of the evolution vs. creationism debate, God vs. Darwin is charming in its embrace of the strong passions aroused from the topic of teaching evolution in schools.
- Author BiographyMano Singham is a theoretical nuclear physicist with interests in the history and philosophy of science, theories of knowledge and education, and the achievement gap. Originally from Sri Lanka, he has taught and done research at various universities and research laboratories in Sri Lanka and the United States. He is currently the Director of the University Center for Innovation in Teaching and Education and Adjunct Associate Professor of Physics at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. He has also written The Achievement Gap in US Education: Canaries in the Mine (Rowman and Littlefield Education, 2005).
- Author(s)Mano Singham
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/12/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight295 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byCharles J. Russo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.