All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most comprehensive works in the vast area of human development in the North-Eastern region of India, this volume brings new thinking on the approach to poverty, measurement of poverty, relationship between ecomic growth and human development, socio-political transition, politics of growth and growth trends, and development attainment. The status of HD across and within the eight North-Eastern states (the study also includes Orissa), have been provided with large empirical data. Academicians from within and outside the region contributing to this volume broadly divide the literature into three sections: (i) concept and measurement of growth and human development; (ii) the issue at the national level; and (iii) the issue in the North-East region. Meaningful for formulating development policies that will have larger implications for the country as a whole, the volume is enriched with HD indices of each major state, and comparative HD analysis at all-India level.
- Author BiographyPurushottam Nayak is Dean, School of Economics Management, and Information Sciences, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication19/11/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Notenumerous tables and figures
- Weight549 g
- Width147 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPurushottam Nayak
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.