All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn the pharmaceutical industry, the incorporation of the disciplines of pharma- kinetics, pharmacodynamics, and drug metabolism (PK/PD/DM) into various drug development processes has been recognized to be extremely important for approp- ate compound selection and optimization. During discovery phases, the identifi- tion of the critical PK/PD/DM issues of new compounds plays an essential role in understanding their pharmacological profiles and structure-activity relationships. Owing to recent progress in analytical chemistry, a large number of compounds can be screened for their PK/PD/DM properties within a relatively short period of time. During development phases as well, the toxicology and clinical study designs and trials of a compound should be based on a thorough understanding of its PK/PD/DM properties. During my time as an industrial scientist, I realized that a reference work designed for practical industrial applications of PK/PD/DM could be a very valuable tool for researchers t only in the pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism departments, but also for other discovery and development groups in pharmaceutical companies. This book is designed specifically for industrial scientists, laboratory assistants, and managers who are involved in PK/PD/DM-related areas. It consists of thirteen chapters, each of which deals with a particular PK/PD/DM issue and its industrial applications. Chapters 3 and 12 in particular address recent topics on higher throughput in vivo exposure screening and the prediction of pharmacokinetics in humans, respectively. Chapter 8 covers essential information on drug metabolism for industrial scientists.
- Author(s)Younggil Kwon
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight486 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.