All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionTo date, we've sold over 1,300 copies and we still have the handbook priced low for people who need this information before they embark on this life-changing journey. If you want to kw more about Hip or Knee Total Joint Replacement, this book is written by both a hip replacement patient and a knee replacement patient and they have both been through this extensive surgery twice. In addition, Dr. Ronald R. Hugate Jr. brings his wisdom and advice to this great book and asked two of his favorite, professional, medical colleagues from his team of medical experts to contribute as well (one is a preeminent pain management specialist and anesthesiologist, Dr. Gianni Checa; and the other is an expert physical therapist Ms. Inger Brueckner MSPT). You will learn about: Deciding on a hip replacement... Deciding on a knee replacement... What's going on in your arthritic joints... Choosing your surgeon... Preparing your home... Your options for anesthesia and pain management... How long you'll be in the hospital... How long it'ill take to recover... Physical therapy and why you need it... What your life will be like afterward... Written expressly for you as the patient, this is the newest-and best-resource we kw of for you if you're contemplating hip or knee joint replacement surgery! Whether you've already had total joint replacement of the hip or knee-or you are just w thinking about having a bad hip joint, or bad knee joint replaced, the Handbook of Hip & Knee Joint Replacement: Through the Eyes of the Patient, Surgeon & Medical Team is unsurpassed in it's breadth and scope and is w gaining wide recognition approaching a 1000 copies! This definitive, patient's educational resource brings the subject to life for you using clear, understandable language written to guide you in learning everything you need to kw about the journey to a new you. Why? Because it's written from multiple perspectives of all the people involved. These writers and collaborators include the following: Dr. Francine Campone - who's had both hips replaced; Robert D. Holland - who's had two knee replacements; Dr. Ronald R. Hugate Jr. - a rewned orthopedic surgeon who also specializes in bone oncology and limb preservation, is a veteran combat-surgeon in the U.S. Army Reserves and has taken care of our troops in both Afghanistan and Iraq; Dr. Gianni Checa - who often works with Dr. Hugate, and is a rewned anesthesiologist and pain management specialist; and finally, Inger Brueckner, MSPT - who also works with Dr. Hugate, and is an excellent, senior physical therapist (who also teaches and lectures on PT). Topics covered include: when you 'need' a joint replacement, the anatomy of the knee and hip, the effects of aging on your joints, how to select a surgeon, introduction to the members of the medical team, how to prepare your home for a safe recovery, options available in anesthesia, the hospital stay, physical therapy after joint replacement, potential risks of surgery, and insurance issues... among many others. This handbook is unique in that you gain perspective from both patients and medical professionals. You are t 'lectured to' with technical medical jargon, but rather a part of the conversation. There are simply other medical handbooks like it. You won't be disappointed with this easily understood and informative look at the journey through joint replacement! If you love the handbook, please give us a great review and thanks for taking this journey with us.
- Author BiographyCoauthors: Robert D. Holland and Ronald R. Hugate Jr., MD Dr. Ronald Hugate is the Chairman of Orthopedic Surgery at Presbyterian/Saint Luke's Medical center in Denver, Colorado. Following his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Dr. Hugate went on to complete surgical training in orthopedic surgery at the Penn State College of Medicine. Subsequently, he completed a two-year Fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. In 2005 he moved to Denver and joined Colorado Limb Consultants. He is currently a member of the Denver Clinic for Extremities at Risk where he specializes in joint replacement/reconstruction and treatment of tumors involving the muscles and joints. His research interests involve advancement of joint replacement design and the treatment of bone cancers. He has published numerous scientific articles and speaks on various subjects at academic conferences. He was a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Reserves and has served at combat surgical hospitals in both Iraq and Afghanistan where he was awarded numerous Army Commendations for his service. Robert Holland attended the University of Colorado and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS in Information Systems. In this capacity he performed computer, information technology (IT) consulting and owned an IT consulting company until early 2002 when he settled down for a long and fruitful employment with the State of Colorado sheriffs association where he was the Director of Information Services and IT Project Manager. He eventually earned his Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification in mid-2009. Robert writes science fiction and has been a technical writer as part of his career for over 30 years. He will recently complete and publish a new science fiction saga called The Dragons of Orion and, Elijah, The Stolen-Man. Watch for it on Amazon. Robert is an avid bicycle rider (on the many bike trails around his home in Denver Colorado) and loves to hike in the beautiful and rugged Rocky Mountains.
- Author(s)Dr Ronald R Hugate Jr,Robert D Holland Pmp
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight646 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)James R Counts
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.