All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe seventh edition of this classic text champions healthy aging by demonstrating how to prevent or manage disease, and make large-scale improvements toward health and wellness in the older adult population. The text synthesizes state-of-the-art research findings-providing convincing evidence that health promotion truly works-with practical, effective strategies. Encompassing important research results that supplant prior recommendations, this new edition provides updated best practices and strategies to ensure the active participation of older adults in all aspects of life. Completely reorganized for ease of use, this textbook features updated demographics and rankings for leading causes of death, new blood pressure screening guidelines and data on obesity and diabetes, updated exercise regimens, older driver statistics including the driverless car, caution regarding ineffective brain-training programs, and more. Highly practical, the text includes health-promoting tools, resource lists, assessment tools, illustrations, checklists and tables. Additionally, the book w includes key terms and learning objectives at the start of each chapter along with thought-provoking questions and reflection boxes. An Instructor's manual and Power Point slides are available to facilitate teaching.
- Author BiographyDavid Haber, PhD , is Assistant Professor, Gerontology Department, Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR, USA. Prior to his current affiliation he worked at several institutes of higher education. For a decade he was the John and Janice Fisher Distinguished Professor of Wellness and Gerontology at Ball State University, Muncie, IN, USA. Other selected appointments include a Professorship at the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston and a Directorship of the Center for Healthy Aging, at Creighton University's multidisciplinary shopping mall-based geriatric center in Omaha, NE. Dr. Haber is a Fellow in the Gerontological Society of America, and is recognized for two Best Practice Awards from the National Council on Aging, the Distinguished Teacher Award from the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education, and the Molly Mettler Award for Leadership in Health Promotion from the National Council on Aging.
- Author(s)David Haber
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.