All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor almost four thousand years, men and women with power have exploited vulnerable populations for cheap or free labor. These slaves, serfs, helots, tenants, peons, bonded or forced laborers, etc., built pyramids and temples, dug canals and mined the earth for precious metals and gemstones. They built the palaces and mansions in which the powerful lived, grown the food they ate, spun the cloth that clothed them. This second edition of Historical Dictionary of Slavery and Abolition relates the long and brutal history of slavery and the struggle for abolition using several key features: *Chrology *Introductory essay *Appendixes *Extensive bibliography *Over 500 cross-referenced entries on forms of slavery, famous slaves and abolitionists, sources of slaves, and current conditions of modern slavery around the world This book is an excellent access point for students, researchers, and anyone wanting to kw more about slavery and abolition.
- Author BiographyMartin A. Klein is professor emeritus at the University of Toronto where he taught African History for 29 years. In 2001, he received the Distinguished Africanist Award of the African Studies Association.
- Author(s)Martin A. Klein
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight803 g
- Width162 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.