All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen her mama asks her to find happiness, Ilana never expected to set off on a journey of a lifetime. While searching for happiness in Times Square, on Broadway and Fifth Avenue wearing her footie pajamas, Ilana makes some very valuable discoveries. She learns that money can't buy happiness; Owning a gazillion things won't bring it; That fame is nice, but it may t result in happiness. And, believe it or t, even Santa can't deliver it. But Santa was able to show her the way... So when she finally recognizes that happiness has been inside her all the time, she learns what to do to let it out. Young readers will enjoy her funny escapades and will benefit from the lesson that changed Ilana's life. Ilana's Manhattan adventures take her from Times Square to the NY Public Library, up Fifth Avenue--all the time searching for happiness. The hardened characters she meets can't help her much, because they can't help themselves. The tale told in rhyme ends happily for Ilana and her mother.
- Author BiographyMother/son team Ruth Lerner and David Lerner are staunch adherents to the Dr. Wayne Dyer philosophy of life. Ruth Lerner, a former NYC and housing expert, retired just over a decade ago to Sag Harbor, New York where she and her son and his family share a home. They co-wrote How Ilana Found Happiness, observing the antics of David's daughter Ilana. They hope that the lesson learned by the fictional Ilana will bring happiness to all the young readers who follow her escapades. Ruth Lerner recently published Safe Child Dangerous World, A Family Survival Guide which is available on Amazon as a trade paperback and on Kindle. David collaborated with her on the sections about bullying and teaching children self-esteem. They have just begun a second Ilana adventure dealing with bullying.
- Author(s)Mrs Ruth Lerner
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Karen E Lieblein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.