All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe ecomic growth of India during the decades of the 1990s and 2000s is well documented. There is, however, little available explanation for this growth and thus how this can be repeated. This book documents the unequivocal effort by some individuals and teams that fashioned globally competitive businesses during this short span of time. This volume includes interviews with business leaders from thirteen businesses in order to capture the essence of creating unprecedented value. These stories unfold the creativity, risk taking ability, compassion for fellow human beings and, more than anything else, the celebration of the triumph of individuals. These thirteen leaders explain with incredible frankness their ingenuity in conceiving new lines of business. These stories will provide inspiration for future leaders and entrepreneurs t just in India, but all across the world. As such, this book will facilitate potential business leaders to invent new business models and establish themselves in the global markets - the world is looking at them to invate as they structure their own career path.
- Author BiographyArvind Agrawal has over 28 years of industry experience in leading an Asia-Pacific-wide business, heading business strategy for a leading financial institution and developing and rolling out new products. After graduating from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad in 1983, Arvind spent around two decades working in the IT and Financial Services industry (NIIT, American Express, GE Capital) in India before working in Singapore where he spearheaded the Fair Isaac Corporation's Asia Pacific services business and developed a strategic framework for card acquisition and customer retention for American Express GNS partner banks. After his career in industry, Arvind took the decision to move into academics, where he was able to pass on his extensive knowledge of the business world. While teaching, he discerned a passion amongst young people to start their own business and lead from the front. This was the foundation of this book which identifies the strategies and efforts that led to the success of several businesses during the Golden Period of Indian growth. Arvind is currently working on a research project that will create a model for sustainable work opportunities in rural environments.
- Author(s)Arvind Agrawal
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.