All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking for a fun, light introduction to the campaign process? Join the brothers from the How Not to . . . series as they navigate a class election! Third grader Will couldn t care less about boring school politics. But when his friend Chelsea proposes a Reading Buddy program that would require Will to hang out with the kindergartners (and therefore his little brother, Steve), he makes an impulsive decision to run against her! Supportive brother that he is, Steve takes full responsibility for managing his brother s campaign . . . and things quickly spiral out of control. This fun reader gently teaches what it means to be a responsible politician, and even gets some election basics into the mix. A hilarious tool to kick off classroom units on elections! Step 4 Readers use challenging vocabulary and short paragraphs to tell exciting stories. These books are for newly independent readers who read simple sentences with confidence. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author BiographyCATHY HAPKA has written more than one hundred books for children and young adults, including coauthoring How Not to Babysit Your Brother and How Not to Start Third Grade with ELLEN TITLEBAUM. At home on her small farm in Chester County, Pennsylvania, she enjoys reading and writing, horseback riding, animals of all kinds, gardening, and music. DEBBIE PALEN s illustrations have appeared in a range of media, including the app market, advertising, young adult books, and children s publishing. She is currently focusing her talents on picture books.
- Author(s)Cathy Hapka
- PublisherRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStep Into Reading: A Step 4 Book
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Debbie Palen
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.