All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPictorial meaning involves t just resemblance, but also pictorial skills, pictorial acts, practices, and performance. Especially in the classroom setting, at all levels of education, it is essential to realize that teaching with pictures and learning through pictures is a practical enterprise where thinking is embedded in doing. Promoting visual learning means to be a visionary, and to take on an ermous educational challenge. But while adaptation and invation are inevitable in a world where techlogical changes are rapidly and radically altering the learning environment, educational science and the everyday practice of education clearly need to retain a measure of conservatism. And any conservatism worth the name has to take account of visuality, visual thinking, and visual learning.
- Author BiographyAndras Benedek is Professor and Head of the Department of Technical Education at the University of Technology and Economics, Budapest. He has published several papers on human resource development issues. Kristof Nyiri is Professor of Philosophy at the same Department. His main fields of research are the philosophy of images and the philosophy of time.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication25/09/2013
- Series TitleVisual Learning
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byAndras Benedek,Kristof Nyiri
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.