All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis annual publication analyzes interesting macroecomic events of contemporary India using macroecomic and statistical tools. Its focus is on problems affecting the ecomy in general; it t only addresses problems of the Indian ecomy, but also has a fairly broad perspective that would be applicable to the conditions in other countries. The first part of the volume deals with macroecomic issues while the second part comprises academic research papers covering a wide range of topics such as labour, fiscal issues, banking and finance, international trade, ecometrics, and computational and mathematical methods. Each paper studies topics relevant for developing countries through pure and applied ecomic theory and ecometric methods.
- Author BiographySugata Marjit is currently the Reserve Bank of India Professor of Industrial Economics at the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta. He was the first Sukhamay Chakravarty Chair Professor, CESP, Jawaharlal Nehru University and was a Professor of Economics at the Indian Statistical Institute. A topper of Calcutta University he received his Phd in Economics from the University Rochester in 1985. He received the Mahalanobis Gold Medal of the Indian Econometric Society in 2002 and the VKRV Rao National Prize as a young Social Scientist in 2003, among the very few who have received both. He held visiting professorial positions at the Universities of Bonn, Copenhagen, Cornell , Erasmus , Monash, Munich, Konstanz, New South Wales, Queensland, Penn. State, Rochester etc. and was a visiting scholar at the IMF, ADB and the Federal Reserve Bank, St. Louis, USA. His papers have been published in well-known journals such as the American Economic Review, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Development Economics, European Economic Review, International Economic Review, Canadian Journal of Economics, Economics Letters etc. Oxford University Press, SAGE and Springer-Verlag have published his books and edited volumes.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Edited bySugata Marjit
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.