All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionInspirations Dior offers an exclusive and comprehensive look into one of the world's most successful names in fashion. Showcasing works of art, archival photographs of the gowns and of fashion shows, unpublished images specifically taken for this catalogue by Laziz Hamani, and sketches, this elaborately illustrated book also contains text from an impressive array of respected art and fashion experts - including Florence Muller, Edmonde Charles-Roux, Jacques Ranc, Vitali Michin, Irina Antova, Bernard Arnault, John Gallia, Daniel Alcouffe, Stephane Guegan, and Frederic Bourdellier. Moving from 1947 to the present day, this book defines the roots of Dior style, showcasing the distinctive lines, materials, and shapes that have been loved throughout the decades. The first section of the book, 'Art and Fashion,' introduces the many aspects that make Dior unique, highlighting the corollaries between art, painting in particular, with the designs. Tracing themes and sources of inspiration, the second part of the book The Waltz of Time reveals how elements from the past - the French eighteenth century (a particularly significant era for Dior), the Belle Epoque, Ancient Egypt, and more-have influenced the designs. Then, the global nature of Dior is explored, finding parallels with specific pieces in the art and culture of Spain, Russia, and Asia.
- Author BiographyFlorence Muller, formerly director and curator of the Union Francaise des Arts du Costume at the Musee des Arts de la Mode, is an exhibition organizer, teacher, journalist, consultant, and author of several fashion books
- Author(s)Florence Muller
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notethroughout
- Weight2835 g
- Width248 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine38 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jd86jd16 May, 2013by
My new favourite book!
I saw this book at a wedding expo at the Perth Museum and fell in love with it straight away and couldnt put it down. Beautiful pictures and pages. Very creative and artistic. Everything I expected and more.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.