All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the institutional changes taking place in, and challenges facing, the region since 1997. It also describes various differences in the reform process between countries in the region. Sjoholm and Tongzon argue that the ecomies of southeast Asia need to reform their institutions if the previous rapid development is to continue. The institutional weaknesses have been addressed to different degrees and with different success in the affected countries. Against the backdrop of southeast Asia's importance in the world ecomy, it is hardly possible to overestimate the need to understand this process of change.
- Author BiographyJose Tongzon is Associate Professor at the Department of Economics, National University of Singapore, and specializes in trade and development with a focus on the economies of Southeast Asia. Fredrik Sjoholm is Associate Professor at the Stockholm School of Economics and works mainly in international economics and development economics.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleEuropean Institute of Japanese Studies, East Asian Economics and Business Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byFredrik Sjoholm,Jose Tongzon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.