All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransactional Analysis (TA) has continued to grow and develop ever since its inception by the Canadian-American psychiatrist Dr Eric Berne over a half century ago. It has proven itself to be an extremely useful model for human relations professionals working in a variety of contexts and fields, such as psychotherapy, coaching and counselling, management and organisational development, or parenting and education. TA combines a highly accessible theory on the development of people and systems with a highly practical approach, centred on the possibilities of change, growth and development. Into TA is a comprehensive textbook of contemporary TA in theory and practice. The first section of the book focuses on theory, presented so that both beginning and experienced professionals will find much of value. TA theory is then further integrated with other current models of psychology, education, and organisational consultation. The second section provides rich and stimulating examples of TA in practice that brings the theory to life.
- Author BiographyWilliam F. Cornell, MA, teaching and supervising transactional analyst, maintains an independent prvate practice of therapy, consultation, and training in Pittsburgh, USA. He is a co-editor of the 'Transactional Analysis Journal' and has published extensively in a broad range of journals and psychotherapy books. He is the author of 'Explorations in Transactional Analysis: The Meech Lake Papers', editor of James McLaughlin's 'The Healer's Bent: Solitude and Dialogue in the Clinical Encounter', and co-editor with Helena Hargaden of 'From Transactions to Relations: The Emergence of a Relational Tradition in Transactional Analysis'. Anne de Graaf, MSc, is a Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst in the field of Management and Organisational Development. For many years he worked for a large (TA based) consultancy firm in the Netherlands. Currently he is the co-owner and teacher/supervisor at one of the largest TA training institutes in the world, TA academie. He is also the co-author of the successful TA management book 'Einstein and the Art of Sailing'. Trudi Newton is a Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst in Education and discovered transactional analysis about twenty-five years ago, and since then has used it in all areas of life and enjoyed introducing others to its delights and benefits through training, supervision and personal connection. Now a writer, researcher and consultant working with other educators to facilitate radical learning and community development, she previously delivered TA training in Cambridge and London, UK, and in other countries including Russia and South Africa. She has written several books including 'Tactics', (with Rosemary Napper), which looks in detail at the process of learning and teaching. Moniek Thunnissen, MD, PhD, is a Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst in psychotherapy. She is a psychiatrist working in her own company for treatment, supervision, consultation and training. In the TA Academy in Soesterberg she developed the TA psychotherapy program. As a psychiatrist-psychotherapist she worked in Psychotherapeutic Centre De Viersprong for sixteen years and completed her PhD research on the long term results of the TA program for patients with personality disorders. Later she was the director of training for psychiatrists in the mental hospital in Bergen op Zoom. She is the author of seven books and numerous articles on TA, psychotherapy and psychiatry. She was Vice President of Research and Innovation of the International Transactional Analysis Association and is part of the Editorial Board of the Transactional Analysis 'Journal'.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight1089 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAnne De Graff,Moniek Thunnissen,Trudi Newton,William F. Cornell
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.