All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIrving Fisher was one of the greatest and certainly one of the most colorful American ecomists. Widely ackwledged as the chief architect of modern neo--classical ecomics, he was a writer and teacher of prodigious scope and output whose business career included the earning of a fortune from the invention of a card index system, and its subsequent loss in the Great Crash. He was also an active campaigner for numerous causes, including world peace, prohibition, and 100 percent deposit reserve money. This biography, focusing both on Fishera s personal life, as well as on his intellectual contributions, will be of wide interest to ecomists and of particular interest to American ecomics scholars who regard him as their pre--1950 giant of the discipline.
- Author BiographyRobert Loring Allen is the late Professor Emeritus, University of Missouri. His career as a professor of international economics and economic history spanned over 45 years. He wrote ten other books during his lifetime, including his most recent two--volume biography of Joseph Schumpeter.
- Author(s)Robert Loring Allen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/1993
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight722 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.