All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJacob Rico remains oblivious to God's work in his life. And even the believers seem befuddled by God's mysterious ways when it comes to Rico. Fortunately, they are obedient to the Holy Spirit's promptings, however absurd they seem, and they all play their part in Rico's bizarre scheme. Even in the minds of the most ardent atheists in the upper echelons of the intelligence community, the Hill, and the White House, it is without question that invisible, otherworldly hands have played a role in the execution and complete success of Rico's treacherous, treasous plot. Especially in light of the fact that acting basically single-handedly, in the visible world at least, he succeeds where a large force would likely have failed. But is Rico a hero or a traitor to his country? The visible enemy force that takes part in the attack does t intend in any way to let the target live. The carnage they leave behind gives evidence of that. And heads of agencies in the intelligence community will roll, given that on their watch, a single operative and a squad-sized attack force plots and carries out this operation - and on U.S. soil less. Protecting Rico's identity and t releasing the real nature of mission becomes paramount for the sitting president. God help the nation if they learn that a single American former special operations troop planned and executed this operation with complete success. But protecting him directly will take a small army. And will the president-elect, only days away from being sworn in and becoming the most powerful woman in the world, incline her ear to the God above for what He would have her do? Will she risk political disaster if the God of Abraham asks her to shield the man she had kwn before? Will she choose instead to ride the wave of sympathy and the bowing down of those on the Hill to accomplish great things for her country by letting things unfold and head where she senses they will - to a life of isolation in federal prison or death by firing squad for the man, Jacob Rico?
- Author BiographyBorn in El Paso to immigrant parents, Jaime F. Arias, Jimmy to family, grew up in Southern New Mexico. After the first 12 years living in the rancheros of one of the world's largest pecan farms, he moved with his family to nearby Las Cruces. He spent most of his middle school years avoiding (mostly) fights, until his elementary school friend, who had moved into town earlier, found him and became his protector. Jaime did not thrive in school. But his love of reading was his saving grace. He was more likely to be found in a secluded part of the school yard with a good book, than off causing trouble with his friends. But by the time he reached high school, he found every excuse not to attend. So, after the second week of his freshman year, the counselors invited him to leave. Afraid to tell his mother he was kicked out of school, he secretly earned his GED and enrolled in college. But even that was short lived. Eventually, however, he completed a building trades program at the local community college. Jaime came to know the Lord at age 19 via his older sister Lourdes. Not long after, he joined the Air Force as a security policeman. Sadly, his first marriage did not last and eventually Jaime and his young son moved to San Antonio, Texas, where he was an instructor at the Security Police Academy. It was there he met and married his current wife. His Air Force career took Jaime to McChord AFB, Washington, Holloman AFB, New Mexico, Lackland AFB, Texas, and Malmstrom AFB, Montana. He also served two 6-month deployments to Honduras. After ten years Jaime left active service and returned to school. Eventually, he earned his Bachelor of Science in Sociology from Regents College, and then his Master of Science in Curriculum Development from New Mexico State University. It was during the six years of teaching at an elementary school when Jaime began to write. And what began as an avenue for stress management has now become a major part of his life, which has produced six books comprising The Jacob Rico Series. All of his experiences have inspired the story lines and characters. His characters are composites of real people portrayed in historical adventures, in the sense of biblical events, and framed in the constructs of his imagination. It is hoped that the southwest brand of Hispanic culture and flavor is well depicted; both the good and not so good aspects. Jaime resides in Las Cruces with his wife, children and grandchildren.
- Author(s)J F Arias
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.