All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionHong Kong's approach to heritage conservation has focused mainly on saving an old building here and there with little or regard to its surroundings. Recent public debates challenging proposals to demolish the former Central Government Offices have highlighted this problem and, for the first time, ackwledged that the heritage value of the buildings is enhanced by their contribution to the broader 'cultural landscape' of Government Hill. Not all of Hong Kong's heritage cultural landscapes have been so fortunate. Landscapes Lost and Found illustrates the concept of cultural landscape using wonderful local examples and champions this new approach to interpreting and conserving Hong Kong's heritage sites more effectively.
- Author BiographyKen Nicolson has worked in Hong Kong since 1984. His background is in town planning, landscape architecture, and heritage conservation. He is currently an associate professor at the University of Hong Kong, and is the author of The Happy Valley: A History and Tour of the Hong Kong Cemetery.
- Author(s)Ken Nicolson
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Content Note105 color illustrations
- Weight234 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.